- Short story available at EscapePod
- There is no defense against a perfect weapon.
- The perfect weapon is cunning, calculating and ruthless.
- I am all of these things.
- There is no defense against me.
- The words would die with him, for he was the last. Five centuries of tradition would fade from existence, probably as soon as he killed Timmerman. But that didn’t matter, not as long as Timmerman died this day. Poetic justice is all the more eloquent with your enemy’s brains cooked a crispy-brown.